Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Tugboat

Every time I start writing something to post on the blog I always think how much I wish I were a better writer as my father was. He wrote poetry and even a book that he never published. My sister Paula inherited that talent from him and she writes novels (ha ha yes Paula I’m revealing your secret to the world) she’s too shy to let other people outside her immediate family know about that. Well it is obvious that I didn’t inherit that talent from my father. Although there are other talents I did inherit from him like my love for music and singing,my love for books,etc.

I always heard that your “first love” is your Dad! He’s like your “perfect example” and that every girl wants to marry a man just like her father one day… what’s really funny is that I did! It’s amazing how similar my father and Chris are, some of those similarities are: 1-My Father played guitar and was always singing to me and my siblings/ Chris plays guitar and is always singing to me and Clara. 2-My Father LOVED antique shops and was in love with old stuff/ Chris does too! 3-My Father loved to spend money on collecting old things, anything antique/ guess what? Chris too! (by the way I’m NOT a fan).4- My Father wrote songs/ Chris too. 5-My father called me “princesa”/ Chris calls me “princhapesa” (princess). 6-My father always made people laugh with his stories/ Chris is always making people laugh with jokes (even though he’s kind of annoying sometimes haha)
There are many more small similarities that they share. Chris knows how important my Father was to me and how much I admire him even though I was so young when he passed away. So with this knowledge of my love for him Chris made me a gift.
A week ago Chris went to Uruguay and installed his first Public art piece! It is a tug boat posted on a side of a long and spacious base, representing the great future that this small but strong tugboat has ahead. My Father worked on tugboats from the time he was in his 20s. He loved his job! And I still remember all the stories he told us about ships and foreign people! Chris was inspired by him and made this art piece and dedicated it to my dad. I have no words to thank him for this.









The five windows on the boat represent his five kids. The piece also represents Uruguay as a country that although its small its strong.

I’m very happy for this and for the good artist my Chris is, but most of all for the love he has for my country, my family and anything that involves me. Thank you Chris!

2 comments:

Gaviota said...

You don t need to be a better writer..This is a perfect post: full of tender feelings...Seriously! :-D

Taylors said...

aw thank you Gaby! you're SO sweet!:)