I think this is one of the biggest projects I’ve done lately, it took me around 2 weeks to do the whole reupholstery and I think the most difficult part was the sewing. Part of the sewing was by hand and other part was by machine. I got the fabric at Joann’s and I was so glad to get a couple 50% off coupons in the mail so all the fabric was actually half of the real price.
Here is a picture before
And this is the picture after

I have to apologize for the bad quality of this last picture, you can't really see the details of the reupholstered sofa, but I don't have my camera so I took this with my cellphone and I hate cellphone pics! anyway
It looks really good in real life!
And I did all of this for less than $8o bucks! Yesss! I feel extreme pleasure on saving money and doing things by myself. The key is having the ideas and just doing them!
Last Sunday we had our branch conference at the Grove City building; it was a very special meeting with leaders talking in 2 languages!, It’s still amazing to me that we can have the opportunity to meet in Spanish here in Ohio! It’s just a huge blessing! Although most of the people in the branch are from Mexico we also have people from central and South America. Sometimes I think the only thing that put us together as a group is the language, there are so many different ethnics, cultures, traditions, thoughts and even words! In the “Spanish speaking world” But I feel so grateful I had the opportunity to belong and serve in the Franklin branch through all this 5 years I’ve been in the United States. It was such a blessing to be able to learn from new cultures from all over the Americas! I love learning and now I feel I don’t just speak Spanish and English (and a little of Italian!) but I also speak Mexican, Dominican and Colombian to name a few! Haha! We have the commandment to love one's neighbor, But how can you love people you don't know?! and it's very easy to judge other people's behaviors when you don't know their reasons and you're not on their shoes, so through serving as a RS president I've learned to not just understand BUT to love them! and really understand their needs.I have a true testimony of growing love from each other through serving! My two counselors are both from the Dominican Republic, they’re GREAT women!and a great example to me! I’ve learn so much from them and it’s a pleasure to work together as a RS presidency!
Ok this sounds like a “farewell” post or something, well to be honest I’ve been kind of nostalgic lately about the idea of leaving Ohio and going to a new place, I’m excited about it but I’m also going to miss so many friends and good people here in Ohio.

On the 18th Chris and I celebrated our 5 year anniversary! I LOVE my Chris,we are very happy together.. what more can I say? Once again I didn't have my camera so for now you're just gonna have to believe me we did a lot of fun things!
Clara is SO big! her hair is long and curly! she loves animals, reading and blowing kisses! she loves to go shopping with mommy and going to the playground, she lately developed an interest on cooking and the best of all she's VERY organized! and she knows that makes mommy happy!
4 comments:
Silvana,
That is incredible! I think about reupholstering our poor torn up couches all the time but I would have no idea where to start. your couches look amazing! I am so jealous. good luck with the big move and your english sounds great! I didn't know if it was Chris or you blogging until I read about the RS presidency... you are sounding like a gringo! :) Can't wait to hear what Chris does in NYC!
-Ruth Kron
Te quedaron reee lindos y modernos!!
Thanks guys!
Post a Comment